I believe in tomorrow...

We've been taking advantage of the Bank Holiday weekend to finally sort out the garden (how terribly British). Our next door neighbours may have laughed at our meager tools for the job ("That's not a shovel, that's a spade, THIS is a shovel!") but they did kindly jump over the fence with their hedge cutter and do some pruning for us.


We're planning on laying some turf to replace the gravel area in the next week or so and so must of the work has been on filling the old pond and working on turning it into a rockery. There were also tons of weeds to pull up and decisions to be made about what to do with the terraced beds we have.


It's an ongoing project (photo above is a 'before' pic) which is tricky for me because I like to work hard on something and see the results straight away. I'm not the most patient person but I'm looking forward to watching our garden grow.


And in the meantime it is providing a great activity for the kids. Lily especially loved helping out, using her little spade to move the stones and doing some planting with Daddy. Ollie also got stuck in digging with a little spade whilst I frantically tried to come up with ways to make the garden more friendly for an adventurous little climber!

We'll be back out there today. What are your plans for the rest of the long weekend?

Cuddle Fairy
Jessica Powell said...

Beautiful quote and I love the layout of your garden! We really need to sort ours out but I keep putting it off for a distant 'better' day... :) #candidcuddles

3 Little Buttons said...

What a fab quote... it's sort of dreamy in a way. Your gardening plans sound really good. We were out and about over the Bank Holiday, but I know I really need to spend some time in our postage stamp garden. #CandidCuddles

Our Cherry Tree said...

Thank you :) the garden is taking forever to sort out but I do love it! x

Our Cherry Tree said...

I really like it, think it's attributed to Audrey Hepburn but not 100% sure... It was a lovely way to spend the bank holiday - glad we didn't leave it until today when the weather is awful. x

Cuddle Fairy said...

What a cool back yard! I love the details in it & the different levels. The quote is so true - there is a lot of hope involved in gardening! Thank you for sharing your quote with #candidcuddles x

Our Cherry Tree said...

Thank you! It's definitely quirky! It's looking pretty different right now, I'll be sharing more pics in the next week or so. x

Our Cherry Tree © . Design by Berenica Designs.