What we read... in July

We have enjoyed reading an awful lot of books again this month. Despite me lamenting last month about a lack of book storage space, I found myself grabbing some new ones at my work's school fete. Four books in great condition for just £1.50!

Matt just rolled his eyes...

So, without further ado, here is just a small selection of what we read this month.



Ollie in particular has been keen to choose stories to read in the last couple of weeks. He can get easily excited by whichever book is closest so I do have to shuffle them around a bit to avoid reading the same ones over and over! Lily is a much more discerning customer and likes to pick her story carefully.


And me? I was at a bit of a loss after finishing re-reading the Cormoran Strike novels by Robert Galbraith. I really wanted something similar but it's not my usual genre and so I just ended up downloading a load of samples onto my kindle. Unfortunately though, not much gripped me, so if you have any recommendations then I'd love to hear from you!

I have still been reading though. I've enjoyed a couple of James Becker's books before but wasn't impressed with the Messiah Secret, perhaps I'm just feeling a bit jaded by the similar story plots or it might have been the dodgy ending...


I am, however, enjoying reading Queen of the Tearling which is more towards my usual area of expertise.

Next month I'm looking forward to reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I wish it was a book rather than a script but as the next installment in the world of Harry Potter I just can't wait!


Our Cherry Tree © . Design by Berenica Designs.