Party Planning - A perfect dessert table

A party planning disaster was narrowly averted this week when Lily's best friend from nursery issued party invitations for the exact time and date I'd booked for Lily's rainbow birthday party. Thankfully, I was able to re-arrange with the venue for the next day and I could breathe a sigh of relief.


So, I can now continue with my planning.
When I re-booked the venue I was able to pop up to take some photos of the main room we'll be using. It's a bright and airy room used for community clubs, meetings and parties but they do have a rule about not sticking items to the walls. I don't think this will be a problem at all, as my plan is to introduce colour by having a bright statement table for the cake and party food.


You can't search for party decorating ideas these days without coming across amazingly artistic dessert tables and so I was delighted when I was contacted by Shari's Berries with some great tips on how to put together a picturesque, pin-worthy party table and backdrop.


If you've never set up a dessert table it can be a daunting task. To give you some guidance, Shari's Berries put together tips for creating the perfect dessert table. First, you need to figure up the table setup. It's best to use props of varying heights so all the desserts can shine. Next, you need to add a backdrop that will draw attention to the space. Finally, don't forget the details! Add confetti to the table, use fun straws, and make dessert toppers that remind people what you're celebrating.


Once broken down into steps, it's actually pretty easy to set up a beautiful dessert or buffet table. 

Pick your spot and, if you can, start with a blank canvas. From there you can build your 'structure' with different serving plates, cups and bowls as well as props to match your theme. Props don't have to be fussy or expensive - you can use balloons, flowers, picture frames and candles (for adult parties, obviously not for kids). I love the tip about varying the heights and angles of your display surfaces, I've never thought about that before but it is really eye catching.



Add a backdrop display using bunting, pom poms, streamers or pretty much anything you fancy! This is a great opportunity to indulge in your party theme (if you have one) or add a splash of colour.

Once you've added your food, it's time for the little details like fun straws, food labels and cupcake toppers.

And you're done!

Our Cherry Tree © . Design by Berenica Designs.