I was tagged in the Sunshine Blogger Quiz by The Mum from Brum whose blog I love and so here are my answers to her ten (sometimes tricky) questions.
1. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one box set to watch, what would it be?
I can't believe I'm already stuck on the first question! At the moment I'm actually getting into Criminal Minds thanks to a colleague who recommended it - I know it's old but there are loads of seasons which should keep me going for a while at least.
2. Who was your favourite teacher at school?
Another hard question as I was blessed by some amazing teachers. It's really difficult to pick just one!
In primary school it was Miss Webb who taught me in Year 6 but in secondary school I was over-run by inspiring teachers. Of all these I would ultimately choose Mrs Quirk, my PE teacher and boarding house mistress because her heart was huge but I also loved my French teacher and tutor Mrs Barnes, history teacher Mr Colpus and my favourite subject (English) teacher, Mrs Farrell.
I could go on, I went to a great school!
3. How did you pick your blog name?
My surname is German for 'cherry' so it's like saying 'Our Family Tree' but just for us.
4. If someone gave you unlimited funds to decorate one room in your house, which room would you choose and why?
The kitchen/diner because that's where we spend most of our time and I really want to buy a Kitchen Aid! I have expensive tastes and would love to have a vintage inspired kitchen filled with Cath Kidston prints and pastel shades.
5. What is your most treasured possession?
I have a wooden box by my bed filled with 'treasures' and memories - anything from my old school tie to photographs and jewellery. Of these, my most precious is a gold heart shaped necklace with my name on it and 'love daddy' inscribed on the back. My Dad gave both me and my sister one for Christmas just after my parents divorced and I've treasured it since.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Probably Devon. I like the idea of travelling but am comfortably British when it comes to where I live. I'm actually quite happy where I am in Bucks for now but Devon is my happy place.
7. What was the last film you saw in the cinema?
I really can't remember! It was certainly ages ago - I think it may have been The Good Dinosaur...
8. Which Hogwarts House would you be sorted into?
As a true geek, I can confirm that I have been sorted into Hufflepuff and I'm proud!
9. Can you speak any other languages?
Unfortunately not, although I do have a basic understanding of 'toddler' if that counts?
10. Would you rather visit a beach or tour a city?
My perfect holiday would include a bit of both but if pushed I prefer the city - especially somewhere filled with history like Rome.